Sunday, July 18, 2010

July 18, 2010: Party in Vacaville

We took a drive to Vacaville today to meet up with a college friend of mine and celebrate her son’s first birthday. Lindsay and her family moved to Vacaville three weeks after Darren was born…crazy! I haven’t seen Lindsay since my graduation in 2005, so it was fun to meet up and introduce our little families AND catch up with each other.
(Happy Birthday Darren!!)
It was a HOT day in Vacaville, so the fact that it was a pool party made it that much more fun. Carter and Cohen had a grand time splashing each other in the kiddie pool…okay, really it was Cohen who was splashing Carter and Carter was freaking out. Daddy cooled the storm by taking Carter to the big pool with him while Cohen and Mommy hung out in the shade.


Darren and Cohen were adorable as they tried to “play” together. Darren was quite assertive and Cohen was a little bummed that he was getting bossed around by someone smaller. They spent a good half hour trying to get a water bottle away from one another. Too cute!
("I'll trade you your sippy cup for that water bottle")
("Or I can just have both")
("Nope, Cohen, you keep the sippy cup, I want the water bottle!")
("I don't think so. I'm outta here!")

After the pool party we hit the outlet mall. It is a fabulous outlet mall with a lot of higher end stores…however, we only made it to a few because the weather was sooooooooooo hot that even shopping wasn’t much fun. Can you believe that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment