I called the Gastroenterologist to set up an appointment on my own (like our doctor said I could do) and they informed me that we needed a referral. Fantastic. After two days on the phone with Cohen's doctor's office, we finally got the referral and records transferred to Spokane....but didn't that happen weeks ago when the doctor first had the guy look at Cohen's films? Well, since his opinion at that time was that nothing needed to be done, they "forgot" about Cohen so he needs review everything again. At this point we are waiting for the Gastroenterologist to review Cohen's records, AGAIN, and then we will get a phone call if they think he needs to be seen. I then called to give them the additional information that his doctor left out, and the Gastroenterologist's office told me I had to have Cohen's doctor submit a note with the "new" info as part of his records...ugh. Now his doctor is on vacation so who knows when that will happen. I am so tired of getting the run around and having to jump through hoops! How hard is it to make an appointment and see the little man? I know it's insurance crap that is creating the hoops, but still it's been a month now and there is little improvement in Cohen and less time in our schedule as school starts back up August 24. Hopefully my mom can corner a Gastroenterologist at her hospital and see if he can give us any insight or better yet actually see Cohen when we are in California in August. So, as for now not much has changed with his symptoms. Still hardly pooping and when he does it is not a pleasant sight. He is totally miserable and it just breaks our hearts to see him like that and not be able to do anything, or get the people who can help him to do anything. Poor guy!
On another note, Cohen has a nasty cough/cold, yes in the middle of July, and we got to spend more time at the doctor dealing that that. Poor kid is going to have no immune system because he is given an antibiotic for every minor thing...
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment