Monday, July 27, 2009

July 27: A Not So Acceptable Answer

The GI doctor's office called today to set up the long awaited appointment for Cohen to have his belly looked at. They did this even without the "affidavit" from his primary care doctor regarding the corrected information. Which tells me that from looking at his films he needs to be seen, regardless of the new info. With that, Cohen has an appointment.....in NOVEMBER! I am not even kidding and not at all pleased about this. So does this mean John and I have to be on pins and needles for the next 3 months worried something could go seriously wrong with Cohen's belly while we "wait" for his damn appointment?? This is NOT at all okay with me and I'm seriously fuming about the whole situation. The problem is there is only 1 pediatric gastroenterology practice in Spokane...I'm at a loss for what to do now. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Katie, What is the Dr.'s Name? My mom Works @ Sacred Heart and normally if she knows the doctor or has worked with them you get in faster by mentioning her name. I would be curios to see if it would work for you as well, I know it has worked for several others we know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Britani, We are "working with" the Gastroenterology Clinic in Children's Hospital...When I call back in a few days to try(and cry)to get an earlier appointment I will try the name dropping you suggested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete