This is personally my least favorite part about having a baby…mainly because it adds another notch on my bad mother belt as we buy our baby food and most of my friends who are fabulous mothers actually make their own. Sigh. I chalk it up to having two babies under 2 and both parents as full time graduate students. Maybe baby #3 will be afforded the luxury of homemade baby food…but considering SHE is a few years off, I guess I won’t worry about that now.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
September 26, 2009: Let's Eat!
Disregard my previous post about Cohen not liking rice cereal and going slow with introducing solids as Cohen has started solid food! After much deliberation and consult with the Spokane GI doctors, Cohen’s doctor and I decided we should go ahead and try to start him on solid food. As I’ve mentioned before, we are now dealing with the opposite extreme with Cohen’s BM’s….upwards of 11 poops a day! Diapers are expensive in generally, but when you’re going through almost 20 a day it is starting to get ridiculous. We are hoping the solid foods slow down his pooping frequency without backing him up completely. So far it is working, and Cohen LOVES food. In fact, he would rather eat baby food than take a bottle. His doctor is not afraid to discontinue solids all together if he decides he won't consume enough milk to supplement his food intake. He still gets his calories from milk, so in order to continue to gain weight he needs to continue having the majority of his caloric intake from milk.
This is personally my least favorite part about having a baby…mainly because it adds another notch on my bad mother belt as we buy our baby food and most of my friends who are fabulous mothers actually make their own. Sigh. I chalk it up to having two babies under 2 and both parents as full time graduate students. Maybe baby #3 will be afforded the luxury of homemade baby food…but considering SHE is a few years off, I guess I won’t worry about that now.

This is personally my least favorite part about having a baby…mainly because it adds another notch on my bad mother belt as we buy our baby food and most of my friends who are fabulous mothers actually make their own. Sigh. I chalk it up to having two babies under 2 and both parents as full time graduate students. Maybe baby #3 will be afforded the luxury of homemade baby food…but considering SHE is a few years off, I guess I won’t worry about that now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment