To our surprise, from the get go Carter has taken to his Big Brother roll quite nicely. John and I were very nervous in February when we handed our then 15 month old son a “baby brother” doll and Carter kissed it on the head and proceeded to throw it across the room. However, once Carter got used to the Ronald McDonald house he hasn’t looked back in helping with the baby.
At RMH Carter would carry the bottles of pumped breast milk down to the freezer, and when Cohen came home Carter was our go to man for throwing away Cohen’s dirty diapers and fetching a binky. 5 months later, the helping has only increased: This week the boys and I dropped John off at his studio so he could finish some homework and Cohen was in his car seat fussing a little bit. All of a sudden I hear Carter saying “ENOUGH! Enough baby doe, enough! Enough, enough, enough!” I’m not even joking. It was so hilarious I called John and put him on speaker so he could hear what Carter was saying. We never say that to Cohen, so I’m not too sure where he picked it up from. Regardless, it was pretty funny.
Another way Carter likes to help with Cohen is at meal time. Cohen is now on solid food, so Carter likes to “help” me feed the baby:


No comments:
Post a Comment