Cohen is a daycare baby!
My original goal for summer school was to take Cohen with me because, theoretically, he’s only 5 weeks developmentally and 5 week old babies sleep for most of the day. Well, news flash, Cohen is not 5 weeks old rather he is almost 16 weeks old and sleeping for most of the day is not what is occurring. I attempted class with him on the first day, which was yesterday, and I spent most of Professional Responsibility making sure he wasn’t annoying my professor or classmates with his Billy Goat Gruff grunting…needless to say this wasn’t going to work out. So, while I am in class from 8am until 10:45am our little baby is with his big brother at daycare. I was a little nervous about exposing him to daycare germs but then I remembered two things: 1) there are only 2 other babies in Cohen’s room this summer and 2) Carter brings home ALL the daycare germs! Cohen will only be in daycare for the duration of my class which is 6 weeks. However, he will return to daycare on a full time basis at the end of August when fall semester begins. His Neonatologists were completely fine with Cohen in full time daycare starting in the fall.
While I was hoping to save some money by not having Cohen in daycare, in the end my ability to graduate on time and not have to pay another semester of tuition completely outweighs the cost of Cohen’s 6 weeks of day care. His teacher is super nice and is completely in the loop with who Cohen is and what he has gone through as she follows his blog! I absolutely love the program the boys are in and Cohen is completely exhausted when I pick him up that he sleeps for most of the day, allowing me to get some homework done before I have to pick up Carter. Daycare is truly a blessing!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment