Drum roll please……Cohen is 7lbs today! It is still crazy to think that his due date is still 4 days away. But Cohen is doing wonderfully at home and we are enjoying every minute of him. The amount of doctor and specialist visits he has every week is very time consuming, but everyone’s number one goal is to have Cohen reach his full potential as a person, despite his nearly 3 month early birth. And if three appointments per week is how he gets there, then we’re all in! His breathing is still very rapid at times, so we will be meeting with a pediatric cardiologist sometime in May to discuss if something needs to be done about his murmur. The reflux isn’t any better, and I don’t think I’ll ever get used to spitting up…especially when it has been hour after he has eaten. YUCK. But over all, he is doing really well.
We are noticing that Cohen is very much his own person and though he looks just like his older brother, he does have his own characteristics. The major difference between Carter and Cohen is their cry. Carter’s newborn cry was really sad sounding and I felt like he was saying “Mama, please please please feed me, I’m getting a little hungry.” It was a polite cry and you instantly felt sorry for him. Cohen, on the other hand, has a cry that is more along the lines of “Damn you, you aren’t moving fast enough…I’m starving NOW!” It is very matter of fact and demanding. It totally makes me laugh every time I hear it because I know that is exactly what he is saying. Though when he is hurt his cry is much different and he sounds like a baby lamb. He had his Synagis vaccine on the 17th and baby lamb and pouty lip made an appearance :)
Cohen is off to San Francisco in a week to pay a visit to his Mommy’s side of the family. Cohen’s grandma is a very busy lady, and his mommy loves to shop with her mommy, so we decided it was time to pay a visit to the city. This will be the first time Cohen meets his Auntie Libby and his ggma and ggpa, along with great uncles, aunts, and cousins. (it will only be Cohen and I going because I am not brave enough to attempt to have both little boys with me by myself! Carter will be down in May for Libby’s graduation…) We are so excited and can’t wait…especially since they are having a heat wave right now! Finally, sunshine!
We are noticing that Cohen is very much his own person and though he looks just like his older brother, he does have his own characteristics. The major difference between Carter and Cohen is their cry. Carter’s newborn cry was really sad sounding and I felt like he was saying “Mama, please please please feed me, I’m getting a little hungry.” It was a polite cry and you instantly felt sorry for him. Cohen, on the other hand, has a cry that is more along the lines of “Damn you, you aren’t moving fast enough…I’m starving NOW!” It is very matter of fact and demanding. It totally makes me laugh every time I hear it because I know that is exactly what he is saying. Though when he is hurt his cry is much different and he sounds like a baby lamb. He had his Synagis vaccine on the 17th and baby lamb and pouty lip made an appearance :)
Cohen is off to San Francisco in a week to pay a visit to his Mommy’s side of the family. Cohen’s grandma is a very busy lady, and his mommy loves to shop with her mommy, so we decided it was time to pay a visit to the city. This will be the first time Cohen meets his Auntie Libby and his ggma and ggpa, along with great uncles, aunts, and cousins. (it will only be Cohen and I going because I am not brave enough to attempt to have both little boys with me by myself! Carter will be down in May for Libby’s graduation…) We are so excited and can’t wait…especially since they are having a heat wave right now! Finally, sunshine!


No comments:
Post a Comment