Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27, 2009: The BIG Day!

Cohen was circumcised this morning. It was very different from Carter’s circumcision, as that was done in a hospital and Cohen’s was done at his doctor’s office. John was with him during the procedure for moral support. I, on the other hand, stayed far away (really it was just down the hall). I am known to cry during vaccines, so I could only imagine how bad it would be if I saw that procedure. John said it was very medieval with lots of pulling, clamps, and funny looking instruments. After 20 minutes the procedure was over and Cohen was happily taking his feeding. We did have to laugh at the doctor’s office when they said that we would have to pay half of the cost up front just in case we haven’t met our deductible. Really? We have more than met our deductible!

Cohen is pretty miserable at the moment, mostly because I think the numbing agent has worn off. Hopefully he will get some rest today, as he has his first plane ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment