Cohen gained 5 grams last night. That is not really considered “gaining”, as gaining means 1oz. As soon as I read that on his nurse report, my heart sank because I knew that our plan of bringing Cohen home tomorrow would probably be changed. So, that, and the fact that he only took 20cc’s at 8am, and did not wake up for his noon feed…I was sure we’d be here a little longer. The doctor came in, looked at Cohen, looked at his chart and said “Well, if you’re ready you can take him home this afternoon.” So, COHEN IS COMING HOME TODAY!!!
The plan is to be discharged at 3pm today. Cohen is currently doing the car seat test and John and I have to watch a CPR video. After those two tasks are completed and once the doctor is finished seeing his sick babies, he will sign us out! From the hospital we will quickly go clean our Ronald McDonald house room, and then hit the road with our new baby boy!! I am so excited and scared to death all at the same time.
Happy Birthday to our niece Taylor! She turns 3 today. We are bummed we have to miss her party, but I think she’ll forgive us when she finds out the baby is coming home :)
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


YAY! Congratulations! It will be great to have you back!
ReplyDeleteAhh, Cece is my blogging name . . .it's Jaime. :)
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm so happy for you guys! Good job Cohen!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! I am so happy for you! Take Care & Keep us all updated :)
ReplyDelete