Wednesday, February 4, 2009

6-7 WEEKS!!! Ugh!

After being handed the prognosis of a 6-7 week stay in the Antepartum unit of Sacred Heart, I was a bit discouraged; ha, ha, actually very discouraged! Not because I wanted the baby to be born early, but because the thought of being in the amount of pain I was in and having to endure endless painful contractions for the next 6-7 weeks, AND being away from my two boys sounded unbearable. The doctors were convinced that, absent a complete abruption, I would continue to have painful constant contractions but I would make it to full term.

Once the initial shock and panic over the thought of sitting on my butt for weeks subsided somewhat, I sent John back to Moscow to pick up some items (okay, two duffel bags full) to make my stay a little easier to stomach. My room was stocked with every law book and corresponding study aid that I owned, real clothes, actual underwear (after 4 days I was missing them..) gummy bears and DVDs. I made myself a schedule for my classes (of which I am only taking half a load), a schedule for my day and even I completed Carter's Christmas gift he is giving to his grandparents (it's coming, I promise!).

John went home on Sunday afternoon (Feb 8th) to study for his Calculus exam on Tuesday morning. He was quite nervous about leaving me in Spokane in the event I went into labor. I tried to reassure him that labor was a very long process (24 hours with Carter), and if I started to dilate I was would be sure to call him so he could make it before I went into active labor. And in the event the abruption became severe, it would be an emergency c-section and the doctor told us at that point he wouldn't be allowed in the delivery room anyway. Still a little nervous, John made it back to Moscow and I attempted my first few hours of being alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment