Cohen continues to do really well! He got a bath today and he looks like a whole new baby! The cutest thing is that he has a full head of platinum blonde hair. Quite the difference from Carter's brown skullet! He still has not had any apnea episodes and we are so thankful for that. He is currently under the bilirubin lights to help with jaundice. The doctor has not gotten the results of his heel prick yet, but Cohen looks a little orange so they are treating him with lights because "it's only a matter of time" before he needs them. So, with both the CPAP machine and the sunglasses, his entire little face is covered! It will be nice when he can be done with the lights so that we can see his eyes!
Cohen has "care time" every three hours. This is when the nurses turn the bili light off, give him a rest from the CPAP machine, change his diaper, and do oral care. Oral care is done by taking a swab of my colostrum and putting it in his mouth. It keep his lips and mouth moisturized and allows him to taste the colostrum. Another big event happened today...Cohen got to eat! His doctor thought he was doing so well, that he allowed him to have 1cc of colostrum through the tube in his mouth. After it was determined he did very well with the feed, the Doctor upped his feeds to 1 cc, three times a day. This is huge, as they don't usually consider beginning feeds until the baby is 4 days old!
Cohen was also given new digs today as well. The noises of the open bed were annoying him, so the doctor ordered an incubator for him. I happened to be in the room when they were making the change so I got an "unofficial" holding while the nurses switched out the open bed to an incubator. It was such an amazing feeling holding him, but also terrifying as he is just so little! He was pretty well swaddled, so I felt like I was holding a tiny doll. Pretty soon I am going to blink and this tiny baby will be a 6-5, 18 year old!
Cohen has "care time" every three hours. This is when the nurses turn the bili light off, give him a rest from the CPAP machine, change his diaper, and do oral care. Oral care is done by taking a swab of my colostrum and putting it in his mouth. It keep his lips and mouth moisturized and allows him to taste the colostrum. Another big event happened today...Cohen got to eat! His doctor thought he was doing so well, that he allowed him to have 1cc of colostrum through the tube in his mouth. After it was determined he did very well with the feed, the Doctor upped his feeds to 1 cc, three times a day. This is huge, as they don't usually consider beginning feeds until the baby is 4 days old!
Cohen was also given new digs today as well. The noises of the open bed were annoying him, so the doctor ordered an incubator for him. I happened to be in the room when they were making the change so I got an "unofficial" holding while the nurses switched out the open bed to an incubator. It was such an amazing feeling holding him, but also terrifying as he is just so little! He was pretty well swaddled, so I felt like I was holding a tiny doll. Pretty soon I am going to blink and this tiny baby will be a 6-5, 18 year old!


No comments:
Post a Comment