As I was flown from Moscow to Spokane I was still contracting every 2-3 minutes. The EMT's and nurses kept asking me if my water had broken or if I "felt wet" down there. Awkward. Luckily my water didn't break nor was I wetting my pants! It was an agonizing 20 minute flight though because I really had to go to the bathroom BAD. It was the first thing I did when I got to my room at Sacred Heart!
When I got settled into my room and hooked up to monitors and an IV, my boys arrived from Moscow. Carter was stomping (aka walking) around the whole room trying to get into every drawer and open every door. It was cute to watch, but not quite a hysterical as when he found the speculum (aka the duck) at the doctor's office and was carrying it around when the nurse came into the room!
The monitors showed I was still contracting regularly, but when Dr. Watts checked me I had not made any additional cervical change. I was given a steroid shot to help mature the baby's lungs in the event he did decide to come early. Dr. Watts explained to us that I would be kept on the Mag drip long enough for me to get the second shot of the steroids...so a total of 48 hours from the first shot. And if I was still contracting after the 48 hours, they would take me off the Mag and essentially let me go into labor. There was not much else they could do as the Mag drip was their last option.
The Magnesium Sulfate was not having much of an effect on my contractions, but made me feel really out of it and that my veins were being warmed. But at that point it wasn't too bad. Little did I know that would drastically change in a few short hours.......
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment