Monday, February 23, 2009

February 23, 2009


Well, it finally happened; Cohen’s IV failed. The Doctor decided that there was no need for a new IV or a PICC line…so Cohen is officially IV free! He did really well during the procedure; he held my finger, sucked on a binky, and hardly cried. The tape was so sticky that his nurse had to cut the tape out of his hair. I was able to give Cohen a bath because his IV came out. I will say bathing a 3lb baby with cords, monitors and oxygen is not very much fun, and rather stressful. Like any baby, he was not happy when he was cold…but once he was dried off and had a new diaper, I wrapped him in a warm blanket and he was asleep in seconds. I am taking the warm blanket idea home with me….

Cohen is eating and pooping well. He is 3lbs 6oz. Due to the IV coming out, his feeds are increased 1cc/feed until he is up to full feeds. The medication for reflux is helping him, but he is still having oxygen level issues. He has one more day to resolve his episodes before he is put back on CPAP. When I left tonight he was still at 30% oxygen.

So, today was overall quite uneventful. I have a feeling that as Cohen continues to grow and get stronger these blog postings will become quite boring. But in this situation, boring is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment