Sunday, February 8, 2009
February 8, 2009
On Sunday night my contractions were so painful that I couldn't talk while I was having one. They were 3-4 minutes apart. The bleeding had increased, and I thought for sure something was about to happen. Of course, as soon as John goes home something happens. I called my nurse in and told her that my contractions were more painful and I had more bleeding than I ever had. She hooked me up to the monitor again and called the hospitalist who was on call. When the Doctor got there she checked me, but thankfully I was still 75% effaced and only a fingertip dilated (or 1cm). I apologized and told her I really thought something was happening. She told me this was how it was going to be for the next 6-7 weeks, and unless I had a gush of blood or my water broke, I would probably go to term with daily/nightly events similar to tonight's. I called a very relieved John and told him that it was nothing, just like all the other nights it had been nothing. We were both really weirded out by the whole situation because the contractions I was having felt like the ones I had when I was in active labor with Carter. However, I am no doctor so I just tried to accept what they were saying to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment