I woke up on February 2, very happy that I didn't have to share a Birthday :) However, I was still having contractions that were beginning to be very painful and I developed a really sore spot at the top of my tummy. Dr. Watts checked me in the morning and thankfully there was no cervical change. He upped my Mag drip and sent me down to Maternal Fetal Medicine & the high risk doctor for an ultrasound to see what was going on inside my belly. The Mag really started to kick in that morning and I was feeling really really out of it. When we got to MFM for the ultrasound they put my gurney in the hallway for an hour wait and I ended up being burned by the fluorescent lights because the Mag made my skin so sensitive. (when I returned from the ultrasound it looked like I had been tanning!).
At the ultrasound my belly pain started to get significantly worse, and the contractions were becoming stronger and stronger. Up to this point I had yet been given anything for pain, but I was pretty much screaming for something for the pain...and instead I was given an anti-anxiety medicine (gee, thanks). During the ultrasound, the doctor was able to determine that I had a partial placenta abruption. (but we already knew this from a previous ultrasound in Moscow) My bleeding wasn't very much and the abruption didn't look that big, so the doctor was puzzled as to why I was in so much pain. He sent me back to my room, with a prognosis of complete bed rest for the remainder of this pregnancy.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment