Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12, 2009

Today was a quiet day. Cohen spent most of the day sleeping. He woke up for his 12pm feed, but so far that is the only one he has been awake for . The doctor thinks this is due to his anemia. He is looking more pale and acting more tired so the lab will check his hematocrit on Monday. Depending on the level, he may or may not have a blood transfusion next week. As scary as that sounds, a blood transfusion will likely help his energy and energy is what he needs in order to make progress with oral feeds….and oral feeds is our last hurdle before we can go home!

Cohen had a visitor today. Tim, a dear friend, advisor and counselor (ha, ha), of John and I’s, stopped by for a visit. Cohen was very well behaved and Tim even got to hold him! It was nice to chat and catch up as I haven’t seen him since all of this happened. Tim is off to So Cal tomorrow and is going to Disneyland for the first time ever! (I can’t even tell you how jealous John is….) Thanks for visiting Timmy!

In other news, John is sick. And John doesn’t get sick very often, but when he does he REALLY gets sick. He went to the doctor (totally shocking, and I’m being serious) and the doc gave him 3 prescriptions and told him to stay out of the NICU for at least a week! Bummer as this next week is spring break and John is supposed to spend it with us in Spokane! I am so crushed that we don’t’ get this week…as I have so been looking forward to it! I am hoping that he feels better soon and can come up and visit me at least. (I will be making him wear a mask around me so he doesn’t get me sick…)

Here is a fun tid bit: I was just informed by lactation today that according to my pumping records (yes, they ask for them) I have accumulated almost 9 gallons of breastmilk for Cohen thus far! And my freezer room is about up so they will be sending John home with a few boxes of frozen milk for our freezer. Don't worry, I'll be sure to take a picture of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment