Sunday, March 8, 2009

March 7-8, 2009

We had a fun filled, visitor packed weekend! It was awesome! First, Carter, John and I met up with my friend Stefanie and her hubby and son (who, btw, is a complete doll…he even sympathy cried when Carter starting having a fit!) at a cute little bakery on the South Hill called Rockwood Bakery. It was fun visiting and watching the two boys interact. I told Carter he needed to be on his best behavior so that Dave could see that babies are easy at any age…let’s just say Carter did not take my advice :) After our breakfast meeting, we met up with two of my law school buddies, Ruth and Luke for lunch. Again, Carter voiced his opinion about being in his stroller (aka, contained), but it was still fun to catch up and watch John share a bathroom with another man (You’ll have to ask him……..). Then we had a Hawkins Family Group Date with Mary, Jeff, Lodi and both Dougs. It started out at the NICU and ended at the Spaghetti Factory. (I am happy to say, Carter was behaved at this point in the day!)

Cohen had a very relaxing weekend as well. He was pretty well behaved for Daddy who did his cares all weekend. John even got to hold him for 45 minutes on Saturday! He had a few A&Bs, but nothing too terrible. He is even up to 4lbs 4oz! John spent the entire day on Sunday with Cohen…actually, he was just using Cohen for the hospital internet…but John was able to get his homework done.

I got to spend a lot of time with Carter this weekend as he won’t leave until Monday afternoon. I miss my little boy! John has a lot of homework, tests and projects due this week as it is the week before spring break, so Carter will be going on his own spring break to Grandma Cindy and Papa Rick’s house . Carter has so much fun in Ellensburg, and I’m sure Grandma Cindy will be fixing Carter’s hair once she sees how bad the haircut is………

I have been slacking on pictures lately and I apologize! However, I have a ton of picture of Cohen in his incubator, in his crib, in blankets, etc. so I had been waiting until something new happens to post pics. I have a feeling that “something new” won’t be for a while, so I’ll get back to posting pictures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment