Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19, 2009: Welcome to the 5lb Club!

It’s official, Cohen is 5lbs! He has his official Sacred Heart 5 Pound Club certificate and photo hanging up next to his 4 Pound and 3 Pound ones. As much as I tried to avoid it, Cohen’s side of the room looks well lived in and thus an obvious sign of a “long timer.” Oh well, it’s cute and well crafted thanks to the night nursing staff!

Occupational Therapy came to see Cohen again today. I really wanted him to wake up and show some major hunger cues so the lady would initiate nippling, but Cohen slept right through her visit! Oh well. She took a look at his head and noticed that it was rather difficult to get him to keep his head in the necessary position, so they have ordered him another special pillow, this time it is gel. Between a wedge for reflux and this pillow, Cohen will have some serious sleeping arrangements for the next few months!

Cohen is still battling reflux. I am hoping we are just lucky in the fact that he doesn’t scream when he’s refluxing, he just de-sats and makes a funny face. It could be a lot worse!

John, Carter and I are going to Moscow for the night. We have to get our place ready for a new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment