Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 5, 2009

This will be a pretty short post as Cohen had a very quiet and calm day. He is back to 4lbs but he is still battling reflux pretty bad. His little bed is on such an incline he is essentially sitting! (Now try changing a diaper on that incline…) As of 8pm he had yet to poop, so either his night nurse is in for a huge diaper, or he will be getting an enema in the morning. We attempted breastfeeding again, this time with the help of a lactation nurse. She was able to get him latched on pretty well and he took a few sucks, but then fell asleep. We are going to continue to give him tries and get him used to the idea of breastfeeding before lactation really pushes him. He is doing much better on the A&B front, and has only had 4 episodes in the last two days! His de-sats are decreasing in frequency as well. I love seeing positive progress; keep it up Cohen!

Cohen had a visit from Aunt Mary who was very respectful in wearing a mask while visiting. Though I am pretty sure the entire pod now thinks she has some communicable disease because no one ever wears those masks, ha ha! It was still very thoughtful of her! I got to hang out with Mary, Jeff and the girls this afternoon and it was nice to get away and have normal conversations. By the time I returned to the hospital, Cohen had more animals to put in his crib and nurse Kathy laughed and said she knew he would need the big bed for his “farm animal collection.” (They aren’t all farm animals…unless you consider a moose a farm animal!)

As you can see, it was a really mellow day. John and Carter will be here tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing them…though I hear Carter has decided to cut all of his back and side teeth all at once. He should be all sorts of fun! Oh, and John said his test went really well, so thank you all for the prayers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment